June 14, 2012

sewing for me...

It's time to switch gears.  Despite my daughter {L} begging me to make her a skirt like I made her older sister {A}, I have decided it's time to make some things for me...her skirt can wait.

I stopped by a local fabric store yesterday after dropping the kids off at day camp.  I needed to pick up some wide elastic for a skirt I decided I wanted to make.

On my way back to the elastic I saw this...sitting on top of a table.  {It was screaming cute top at me.}

 It was on sale for $2.99 a yard so I snatched it up.  Once I saw it laid out on the cutting table I realized it had dirt spots all over it, perhaps it had been run over by carts a few {dozen} times. {Bummer!} I asked the woman helping me if she thought it would wash out.  She thought for a minute, then looked at me and said "there are two and a half yards here...I'll give it to you for the price of one and a quarter".

What!?!?  Score!

"Sure", I said.  I brought it home, sprayed it, soaked it a bit, and it came out perfectly clean.

I was so excited about this piece of fabric...


I've been wanting to make an ombre maxi skirt, but dreading trying to do the dip-dying or ombre dying with the kids around.  So when I saw this {already in the colors that I wanted} I just knew it was meant to be.

Months ago {back when I was Pinterest-ing} I was inspired by a polyvore "get-up" to turn this...into a bag.

Wish me luck...my wardrobe could use a couple new pieces.

Thanks for stopping by!
-R.




1 comment:

  1. Way to go! We mommies should do more for OURSELVES! Can't wait to see your new fashion items, sewn and on!

    ReplyDelete