June 27, 2012

Crafting with the Kiddos {freezer paper stenciling}

My little "chickens" love doing crafty stuff.  I love that they're so creative!




This summer, once a week, I plan a "special" craft for them to do beyond their buckets of crafts and ideas.


The project this week...freezer paper stenciling! 


If you recall from this post, I recently freezer paper stenciled for the first time and loved it.  It was easy enough so I thought it could be a blast for my 6 and 7 year old.


I picked up some cheap shirts at Walmart for $3.47 each.  I already had the freezer paper and fabric paints.


The original plan was for the kids to draw out their design ideas on paper and then I would make them on the computer or "tweak" them a bit.  But, I decided why "tweak" them or try to make them look "neater".


The girls each drew their design on the freezer paper.  {They chose to make 4th of July designs}


I did the cutting out of the design as well as the prep work.




I gave them the quick "low down" on stenciling...set them up with paint and brushes...and let them go to town.






My opinion is that they turned out really cute {I especially like that they're very "kiddish"}.




They've already asked to do it again sometime.


Thanks for taking the time to stop by!  I'd love for you to "follow" my blog along!
-R.


Linking up to:

3 comments:

  1. I really need to try out freezer paper one of these days. It looks so easy. The tops turned out great. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week~

    ReplyDelete
  2. These t shirts are so cute! I hope you are proud of your little artists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely adorable. What a great idea. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete