May 10, 2012

blogging {brain surgery}

Love this quote by Robert H. Schuller.



Well. I have blogged approximately 20 posts now and have to say that I'm quite proud of myself. I'm proud for actually doing it.


Yesterday I was about to give up though. All because I was having a horrible time adding a button to my blog and because I'm not sure I was able to post something. {Silly! You would have thought I was trying to perform brain surgery.}


As I sat frustrated, ready to quit, I remembered 'it's just a blog, and I'm doing this for me'. I blog because maybe even one person will be interested in the things that I do and share {at the very least it's a diary for me of what I've done}.


I didn't start a blog with the intention of being Martha Stewart. Nor did I do it with the belief of becoming a blogging prodigy with 15,000 followers.


If I manage to get 5 followers {that are not related to me} that would be fantastic...if I would ever get 100 I would straight fall off my chair!!!


But that's not what this is all about.


So, i took a deep breath and began to search. Thanks to googling {and googling, and googling} I found a very clear link with directions to get me through adding a button, and all was good. So the blogging shall continue.


My Journey...


I talked about blogging for months and months {probably more like years}. But I never actually did it {blog}. I didn't know what to blog about. I didn't know what to call my blog. I didn't know how to blog. I didn't think anyone would care. I could write dozens more "excuses". It was intimidating. Why?


I was intimidated from blogging because there are millions and millions of blogs already. There are so many blogs that I enjoy reading that are so accomplished and successful {surely I couldn't be that}. The things I would blog about have pretty much already been said. But, oh well!


So, I started blogging anyway. I started blogging about things that interest me and things that I've been doing. Why not? Back when I was in school {for interior design} one of my favorite teachers told us "great design repeats itself, the best designers in the world are inspired by what's already been done too, don't be discouraged". So that's what I'm doing. Even if it has been done for years.


I figured out how to set up a basic blog {it is VERY basic}. I have also figured out how to post. It's simple, but it's simply me and a snip-it of the things I enjoy doing.


If anyone has joined me...thank YOU for reading my blog! I welcome any {nice/constructive} comments and feedback you would like to share.

10 comments:

  1. Two years ago, I was at where you currently are...now I have 119 followers and 250 posts! Keep on keeping on! (I also have four blogs now!)
    www.rocknquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to this also...keep it up you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! I'm betting that you are already finding it satisfying in a way that is different from anything else. I've only been blogging since this past Christmas and it has been so much fun! I've met so many new friends and reconnected with old ones. There is an entire community of people out there just waiting to meet you! Have fun and forget how many *followers* you have. Do it for you, as you posted above! =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of blogging! You're doing great. In a year from now you will be amazed at how much you have learned about blogging, html, and the new friends you have made.


    I saw your link on the Sew Many Ways find a friend linky party and thought I would drop by.

    ~Cheryl~
    http://shestamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! On your new blog and having 5 members! Yep, I signed up, just because I saw your link on Sew Many Ways, Find A Friend Friday. Keep up the good work on your blog, and remember, just be yourself and have some fun! Please, if you get a moment, come over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on taking the leap and sticking with something you are unsure of! What a wonderful example you are setting for your children about taking some risk and doing your best! That is an example that will serve them well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you through Sew Many Ways, Welcome to blogging. I have been doing this for just over a year and I love it, it has really helped me to insure I am doing something for myself and to continue to do the things I love.

    Your newest follower

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting via Sew Many Ways. I've been blogging off and on for about six years and on my sixth or seventh blog. I will stop and then decide to start all over and start with a fresh blog each time. And I've tried to juggle more than one at a time - way too hard for me. I do it for myself and to meet people online with like interests. Twitter and Pinterest is a great way to connect too. There's alot of linky parties and challenges that help with blog post ideas and also finding more bloggers to follow and to follow you. Most of all - have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post! It rings true and very familiar to me. As a mom, so much of what I do gets quickly undone. Just photographing and documenting the things I make in a blog is so satisfying to me--it doesn't really matter if anyone else looks at it, does it? Although it is fun when they do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for "stopping over" and for all of your kind words and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete